Pages

Monday 2 December 2019

DFI - Cohort 3 - Devices - Day 7 - 2/12/2019


Time to reflect and share with colleagues

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? Being Cybersmart it's helpful if we let our students know what we want them to do. Empowering student voice through digital citizenship, Being Cybersmart empowers learners to connect when their learning is visible and Ubiquitous. Changing the mindset, to what you want to see and being more positive.


What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? Using other devices that our students use. It gives me an idea of how their devices work and what they are capable of doing or not doing on them. I certainly was walking in their shoes.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners? Digital Dig gave us more knowledge about the Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts.



What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? Screencastify I haven't used it in yonks and I was reminded how useful this app is.


We made a Screencastify using information from the Manaiakalani Cybersmart -Smart Learners: Manaiakalani Cybersmart


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Destine,

    I find the Devices day a really interesting one, with teachers walking in the students shoes as you've put it. How did you find using the Chromebook?
    I'm glad to see you were exploring the Smart Learner content of the CyberSmart Curriculum. I hope that will be useful to you at the beginning of next year!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete