Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2019

DFI- Cohort 3- Dealing with Data - Day 6 28/11/11


What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? Vicki talked about how Manaikalani started from 4 or 5 schools and over the years we have clusters from the top of the North Island to the South Island. It has made the learning easier because of the Shared language and visibility from cluster to cluster. Everything is coherent in the shared spaces.


What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? A bit more about a spreadsheet, and Google Maps how to insert icons, customizing icons, add Markers and a photo.



What did I learn that could be used with my learners? Blogging, it's not just for the sake of writing or being noted what they have done.  But for me to remember it is for a student to gain an audience to share their learning, so it is visible. Talk to them about the meaning of the word Ubiquitous. It is one of the 4 kaupapa which means learning and teaching can be, anywhere, anytime and anyplace. It is not restrained by time.




Below is an example of the Data Sheet we put together using a student's data over 3 years of their learning.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Destine,

    You are so right, blogs are so much more than just a reflective space. I really enjoy seeing student's writing develop and their personal voice shine through when they are blogging. With some students you can really hear their personality come through in their writing. Do you have any students who are prolific bloggers this year?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree destine that blogging is much more reflective and creative than just writing I will be great if our kids can start to do it.

    ReplyDelete