Pages

Friday 8 November 2019

DFI - Cohort 3 - Core Business - Day 1 -8/11/19

The day has finally arrived for the DFI course. I have mixed feelings about it because of previous courses I have done which left me reeling and with a massive headache.
So we all arrived and it is a small group of us, which is awesome.


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? I enjoyed listening to how Manaiakalani began and how it has grown over the years. The main purpose was to motivate and empower the student's learning. It has helped through the use of Chromebooks to attain the goals they have set. Increasing student achievement and being digitally confident learners.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? More confident with picking up some of the digital jargon used and actioning given instructions.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners? Blogging and creating a document, embedding pictures and changing the borders. 
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? Take small steps, one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Destine,

    Thank you for your blog post. So many of our DFI'ers are anxious before beginning, but I'm glad that you weren't left reeling at the end of the day! Knowing how to manipulate images within Google Doc's is such a useful skill. I look forward to seeing the steps you take throughout the DFI.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete